Monday, November 30, 2009

Telling the Family!

Devon and I approached the 12 week mark excited. We finally approached the end of the first trimester and could not wait to tell the family. How appropriate it was right around Thanksgiving. As we drew to this date we struggled with how we would announce this.

Ultrasound pictures in coasters? During the dinner prayer? A quick video of photos from our past year with a surprise ending....that seemed to be the best.

Thanksgiving day. Of course, everyone ran late but when all arrived we socialized for an hour or so then we went to play the video. As we watched a few laughs occurred from some of the pictures and then the slide appeared 'Here we go....June 6th, 2010.' (Ana thought it was a family cruise?) then the ultrasound picture appeared. A pause, then a long look between my mom and sister occurred. Dad seemed to be confused. 'Who's pregnant' was the next comment.....then tears of joy. Dad, said 'Holy Shit'. Then called everyone in his phone stating 'guess what Niko did on vacation.' Mom, cried and so did Ana. Justin was speechless.......the overwhelming feeling of letting the foundation of this family know was something special.

As I reflect on the day I realize that I appreciate the foundation of family more than ever. As 'mini-Nickolaou' comes into this world I want to show that our family will be the foundation of their lives. Although, all the stresses of life challenges us. Thanksgiving 2009 will be a 'Good Night' for all to remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment